Tuesday, August 26, 2008

The pushing game

I hate hot weather. Even though our summer has been comparatively mild, I start sweating as soon as I get outside. But the kids need physical activity. So we played the pushing game today. I sit on the floor and the kids try to push me across the room. They love it, we connect both physically and emotionally, they get to work all their muscles, and nobody gets hurt. We even did this during the last trimester of my pregnancy.

Tomorrow we might do a jumping pile with all the pillows and cushions in the house. :)

1 comment:

Darla said...

That sounds fun! It reminds me of when we were kids, and my dad told us he'd get up and do something with us if we could only lift his head off the floor... because it was SO heavy! We'd work and work to get his head picked up! You are creating such fun memories!