Friday, August 22, 2008

My current night song

One of the benefits of co-sleeping is that I don't always *really* wake up to nurse the baby. But when I do, I savor the stillness and peace, where the only sounds are the breathing of the people I love most and sometimes the air conditioner (I feel pretty affectionate towards it, too, because I hate hot weather). It is my favorite time to pray.

Lately, a song from Rich Mullins (about 20 years ago--that makes me feel old) has been playing in my mind each time:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An1YIbisn-E

This part has been very real to me:

And I know sacred ears will listen
And holy hands reach out to touch
How can I keep myself from singing
Hallelujah! (Hallelujah!)
Hallelujah! (Hallelujah!)
Hallelujah! (Hallelujah!)
Hallelujah! (Hallelujah!)

Sacred ears are listening to every whisper in our hearts, holy hands are reaching out to touch us. Reasons to sing, indeed.

No comments: