Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Anything boys can do, girls can do better

When Joel was born, I was warned by several wise, experienced parents to keep an extra diaper or towel handy during diaper changes. Well, this morning while I was changing Elena, she proved her own abilities in that regard, and sent a stream of pee arcing through the air that exceeded anything her brother had done. The height and range that she achieved was truly impressive. I told her so as I sopped up my dripping clothing. She smiled modestly, as if to say, "Oh, that was nothing, really. Watch this!" Then before I could move out of the way, she launched another stream, this time of lovely, mustardy poop. The trajectory was not as great as before, but the amount was copious enough to decorate both my clothes and the bed. She has been smiling ever since. Because I choose to believe the best about my children, I am going to assume that her grins are not really the satisfied smirks that they resemble, but simply the result of being more comfortable now. I needed to shower and change the sheets anyway.

1 comment:

granny2five said...

Too funny! Great way to start the day - with a smile.