Friday, August 22, 2008

Material Girl

I don't think of myself as an acquisitive person. We've never had a lot of money, and I have always been content. I'm fashion-impaired, so buying lots of clothes, shoes or jewelry has never been a priority for me. Between Ariana's hand-me-downs and the gifts she has been given, the only clothing I have bought for Elena is two pairs of pajamas that I picked up last weekend. One might think I am protesting too much. One would be right.

The unlikely source for my current attack of I-must-buy-this-right-now? Cloth diapers. I just tried a medium Fuzzi Bunz on Elena and it fit! (Well, it is a *tiny* bit big, but she can definitely wear them). Now I am positively lusting after the gingham pink floral one. We first started cloth-diapering with Joel, and so we have no pink ones. And I normally don't even like pink that much. But it is taking every ounce of self-control I have to not order several right now.

Whenever anyone ask me about cloth diapers, I mention how much money you can save. In theory, and even in practice, this is true. After all, we are using the same ones we got over two years ago, and wouldn't have to buy any more until Elena is potty trained. We saved several hundred, if not over a thousand dollars, with Joel. I am sure we will with Elena, too. I.must.resist.

On the other hand, I do have a coupon that expires at the end of the month...

http://www.cottontailbaby.com/item_408/Fuzzi-Bunz-Pink-Gingham-Flower-Print.htm

2 comments:

granny2five said...

Oh, go for it! Those diapers are wonderfully cozy for little, bitty bunz!

dulce de leche said...

OK, you talked me into it. :D They have been discontinued, but I found some clearance ones on sale. Yay!