Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Are you on my list?

I think God has a very quirky sense of humor. I thought about the whole Lent thing off and on after I posted--and I appreciate the comments, by the way!--then went to sleep. Briefly. I woke up with Psalm 63 going through my mind. I went through it in multiple versions, Spanish, English, but I kept getting stuck. I knew I was leaving out part of it. So, since I was wide awake, I started praying about Lent. I loved the idea about taking each day to pray for a different person, but I wasn't sure who all I should put on my list. Then I got very excited about opening up my blog to anyone who would like some very focused prayer.

If you want on my list, please just leave a comment. If you have anything specific that you would like me to pray about, mention it, and if it is something that you would rather not be posted publicly, please say that you do not want it published (I have to moderate all comments).

I decided to also go ahead with foregoing chocolate (but not coffee; I know my limitations) and reducing my computer time. I'll still do email and my blog, but not much Facebook or surfing. I am actually very excited about this.

Oh, yes, I mentioned a divine sense of humor. The verse I couldn't remember? Verse six: "When I remember You on my bed, I meditate on You through the night watches."

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Dulce:

I'd love it if you prayed for me - specifically, for wisdom in all things, and for spiritual guidance in particular.

I think this is a lovely Lenten project that you've taken on.

dulce de leche said...

Revvie, I would be honoured. You're comments have always meant so much to me.

Tina Michelle said...

I read a lot of blogs about parents dealing with multiple children and there are a lot of babies, specifically preemies, who could use an extra prayer.

Here are some links to some websites:

http://coxquads.blogspot.com/
These quads have brain bleeds.

http://laurensblog.greenfamily.net/
This family's quads were stillborn.

http://satherslearnhowtomultiply.blogspot.com/
these guys are just starting out.

Also please pray for my friend, Anaise. Her husband lost his job because of this economy after 14 years on the job. She is pregnant with their 6th child.

Last one: My cousin, Liz, is pregnant with her 3rd. She just found out she has placenta previa, her job is too stressful, her husband was badly injured and is home after back surgery but his job is now iffy. He got hurt on the job but they are not working wellwith him and he may lose it.

Is that too many? I am thinking of giving up candy for lent, even though I am not religious.

dulce de leche said...

Thank, Tina, I will definitely pray for the families you mentioned.

Polly said...

What a great project for Lent! I love the Lenten season. I usually try to make some sacrifices that hurt (usually related to food :)) and also use the time as a period of quiet reflection. I think reducing screen time is great. I did this sometime last year and it has really made a difference. (2-3 days a week I basically don't turn the laptop on until after dinner.) I hope your Lent is going wonderfully well!