Friday, June 19, 2009

A girl after my own heart

I've been so busy with classes that I haven't been updating much here. When I am not busy, my mind just shuts off, so I haven't had much to say, anyway. ;)

Ariana has been coming to class with me a lot. It has been fun. The students can't get over how well-behaved and loving she is. They've asked if she is that quiet all the time. Uh, no. Definitely not. But I am glad that she has been so considerate of everyone else during class.

One of her favorite things to do while I am teaching is to write little love notes on the bottom of the board. Yesterday, she wrote over and over, "I love Dad and Mom. I love [the name of my co-instructor, a good friend]. I love Mom a lot!" It was very sweet. At one point, the students began to smile. I looked over, and written in a banner all across the bottom of the board, she had declared, "I love choclate! I love choclate! I love choclate! I love choclate! I love choclate! I love choclate! I love choclate!(sic)"

Hmmmm...wonder where she got that from?