Monday, December 1, 2008

Feliz cumpleaños

It has been a fantastic birthday weekend. Saturday, my sister in law took me out shopping and helped with a new bathroom set. I love it! I've had a nice, grown-up, subdued bathroom with cream and green and blue for nearly a decade. Pretty, but boring. I found an adorably whimsical jungle set. The towels have furry monkeys and hairy manes on the lion--way too cute. I'll have to take some pics.

Yesterday was such a cozy day. Lots of snuggling on the couch (watching Star Trek, of course). We went out to the Cheesecake Factory for coffee and appetizers. No cheesecake. :D I like the cheesecake (as if that needs to be said!), but I prefer their White Chocolate Raspberry lattes. Sublime. It was perfect.

The kidlets, bless them, wanted to make me a cake. It started out well: juice, mashed banana and cinnamon. Then one of them poured in about half a container of garlic powder. Ay, ay ay. Well, it is the thought that counts, right? Anyway, their birthday hugs are the best present ever.

This morning my mom came and played with the kids while I got a few things done around the house, and then she took care of them while I had lunch with my dad, aunt and grandparents. It was nice to have lunch without having to divide my attention.

One of the best parts has been all the notes on Facebook and emails and the thread on my favorite message board. Each post has made me feel special and loved.

This is the fifteenth birthday that my beloved has made a happy one. Wow. It doesn't seem nearly that long. Being married to him is the best gift of all. He has done a zillion "little things" the last several days to make them more special, and I think that any married person will agree that those little things are actually a very, very big deal.

Many, many thank yous to all of you for reading and commenting and for the birthday wishes. I hope this will be a year of peace and joy for all of us.

2 comments:

Darla said...

I'm glad you had such a wonderful day!

Blessed Mama said...

Me too. I am a day late, but Happy Birthday!!!