Thursday, November 6, 2008

Under the shadow of His wings

Some of you know that my dad's youngest sister died this week. She was less than eight years older than I, and has two children, 7 and 5. Please, please pray for them and for her husband. I can't imagine the grief and heartbreak that they are going through.

I have a lot of memories of M. I will probably come back in the future and share some of them. As I have been praying for her husband and children, I keep getting mind-pictures of beautiful, shadowy wings. To be honest, I'm not entirely sure of the full significance, but it is a lovely and comforting image. I believe that M is healthy, secure and full of Life right now, soaring in heaven with her Father. I pray that her family feels the loving shelter of God's embrace as they pass under the shadows right now, and that they hold tight to Him.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am very sorry to hear about the loss in your family. (((HUG)))