Friday, December 24, 2010

Tidings of Comfort and Joy

This list is far from complete, and I'll try to edit some soon, but I wanted to share a few of my favorite verses for anyone who needs a deep breath and a hug right now. Love, peace and fullness of joy to you!

“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls." ~ Matt. 11:28-29

“Let the beloved of the Lord rest secure in him, for he shields him all day long, and the one the Lord loves rests between his shoulders.”  ~ Deut. 33:12

"You hide them in the secret place of Your presence...You keep them secretly in a shelter from the strife of tongues. ~ Psalm 31:20

"The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make his face shine on you and be gracious to you; the Lord turn his face toward you and give you peace.”  ~ Numbers 6:24-26

"The Lord gives strength to his people; the Lord blesses his people with peace." ~ Psalm 29:11

"For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace." ~ Isaiah 9:6

"Lord, you establish peace for us; all that we have accomplished you have done for us." ~ Isaiah 26:12

"Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid." ~ John 14:27

"Now may the Lord of peace Himself continually grant you peace in every circumstance The Lord be with you all!" ~ 2 Thess.3:16

"May your unfailing love be my comfort, according to your promise to your servant." ~ Psalm 119:76

"Shout for joy, you heavens; rejoice, you earth; burst into song, you mountains! For the Lord comforts his people and will have compassion on his afflicted ones." ~ Isaiah 49:13

 "Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted." ~ Matthew 5:4

"Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort,  who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves receive from God." ~ 2 Cor. 1:3-4

"I will be glad and rejoice in your love, for you saw my affliction and knew the anguish of my soul." ~ Psalm 31:7

"But may all who seek you rejoice and be glad in you; may those who long for your saving help always say, “The Lord is great!” ~ Psalm 40:16

"So with you: Now is your time of grief, but I will see you again and you will rejoice, and no one will take away your joy." ~ John 16:22

"For the Lamb at the center of the throne will be their shepherd; ‘he will lead them to springs of living water.’ ‘And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes...'There will be no more death’ or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away. ” ~ Rev. 7:17, 21:4

1 comment:

Darla said...

I first read this post in the midst of some Christmas craziness. After reading, I could breathe. I love this! Merry Christmas! <3