Friday, May 1, 2009

A decade

Today is our tenth anniversary. I was going to title this something sappy like 'A decade of delight' (you all know my weakness for alliteration). It sounds corny, I know, but it would be true. There is no question that it has been the best ten years of my life (even though the previous 20+ were overall happy ones, too). I can't put into words how grateful I am for my amazing, wonderful husband. Someone gave me the idea of listing the top ten memories. Of course, there are way too many to narrow it down, but in no particular order, these are among my favorites:

1. The look in his eyes during the wedding ceremony.

2. All the times we have shared a joke without any verbal communication at all.

3. His tenderness, patience and playfulness with the kids. I love listening to him make up superhero bedtime stories.

4. Listening to the sound of his voice reading the Bible while my head is on his shoulder.

5. Getting a letter from him. The anticipation was always fun, and they always went beyond my expectations. His words are lodged in my heart.

6. Worlds of fun. All of the trips we have taken, both near and far. He is a fantastic traveling companion.

7. Watching Star Trek and sci-fi movies together.

8. Playing the piano together. Listening to Keith Green, Marcos Witt, Marco Barrientos, Danilo Montero together.

9. Woodward Park. Our walks and talks there.

10. Sharing thunderstorms. He is one of the few people who delights in a good storm as much as I do.

11. The class I took with him. I know firsthand what a gifted teacher he is. The peace that fills the area around him.

12. Resting in him. He is my place to lay my head.

OK, I've exceeded 10 already, and obviously, some things will always be just between the two of us. I can truly say that he goes beyond my wildest, happiest dreams (and I've got a pretty good imagination). Each year of marriage has been wonderful and better than the last. I can't wait to see what the future holds, but I'm cherishing each moment right now.

3 comments:

Darla said...

Very sweet! Congratulations, and Happy Anniversary!

Polly said...

Happy Anniversary! Our 10-year anniversary is this October....and I feel the same way, it's better & better! Hope you've had a lovely day together.

Theresa said...

Awww, that is so sweet. I hope the next 10 are just as wonderful!